Friday, January 26, 2007

Whew!

I see that I made everyone too afraid to comment on my last entry. I guess talking about hormones and fertility drugs does that. Thanks Laura for being brave and commenting (edit: and Daddy who must have posted while I was typing this post)! LOL. I'm feeling much better now. I still haven't had a good night's sleep, but I'm sure I'll crash tonight and sleep in tomorrow. The hot flashes are still with me. I think they're getting worse, at least at night.

Except for a little anger management issue I had this morning while I was trying to get ready for work, my moods seem to have stabilized somewhat. Somewhere Mark is breathing a sigh of relief.

Yesterday was our friend Stephanie's birthday. She and Tracy invited us out for a beer at the Opera House. Ah...they now have Newcastle on tap. Nice. So, we sat down there with them until 8:30 or so. We had a great time. We really don't get to hang out with them as much as we would like. They are busy people and sometimes so are we. So, we really enjoyed getting to spend some time chatting with the 2 of them. Steph - I hope you had a great birthday!
In other news...I have no real news. Except - Hambone was doing so well for about a week and now we're back to the old Hambone issues. I was trying to wean him off his prescription tummy medicine, but apparently, he really needs it. Thankfully he's a good cat and takes it with very little problem, but I hate to think I'm going to have to medicate this cat everyday for the rest of his life. I am certainly prepared to do that. The medicine is thankfully not expensive. It just means that I'm going to have to make another trip to the vet next week to see what else we can do or if they want to just leave him on the medicine he's on. Thanks Hambone! It's a good thing he's such a sweet cat.

You know, I wonder if I'll have more to blog about when Spring gets here. Probably. It's hard to give a farm report when I haven't been outside except to and from the car in a while. I am about done with the cold weather. I need some sun and I need it to be warm! I bet you are falling all over yourselves with the anticipation of reading about what vegetables we plant in the garden this year. Riveting.

Maybe I'll do something interesting this weekend so I'll have some good blog material, but don't hold your breath. I'm thinking Mark is going to want to stay in and lounge all weekend. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Squirrel Queen said...

I had a fab birthday and our visit was a big part of it.
Great conversation over a good beer, nothing beats it.
Thanks for sharing your time and thoughts.