Saturday, January 06, 2007


I'm sure this picture is not doctored in any way...Really, he always looks like this...
For those of you who don't know...this is my dad. He posted this picture on his blog much to my amusement. People hate sitting behind him in the theater because the halo really blocks their view. It's hard being so angelic I'm sure. The best part of this picture is how bored he looks...Alas, this would all have been way more believable if their was a hint of glare from the halo on his bald head.
Onto other stuff. I have't blogged in a few days because there's nothing to blog about. Next week is going to kick my butt. Last week pretty much did too. I got in a little overtime, that was good I guess. Well, I wasn't pleased about it the day I was at the office until 7:30, but I'll get some extra time off out of the deal. Monday I've got 3 customers to see all before early afternoon when Jimmie and I leave for a 1 day seminar in Tunica. Woohoo! I love a field trip! Good times.
Mark has spent the day in true Steve fashion (that's my dad) working on his couch potato skills. He's quite adept already, so I can only imagine how good he'll become with years more practice! I, of course, wanted to do something today, but nooooo, he wanted to be lazy. Of course, we have a rather sick cat and we were pretty much out of food, so someone had to go to the store. That would be me. So, off I went to Wal-Mart at 6pm on a Saturday night. It wasn't as bad as usual. I got some Immodium for the kitty and some food for us and for a package I'm still trying to fill up to send to Wayne (I think I'm done now). I had to go to 2 stores. This is one thing I don't enjoy about Martin. I miss Kroger. Alot. I enjoy the variety that our new Super Wal-Mart offers, but the meat is terrible. There's been a time or 2 we actually had to just give it to the dog it was so bad. It's not us, people, we can both cook very well. A bad cut of meat is a bad cut of meat, not much you can do to fix it. So I got the basics at Wal-Mart (because they have variety) and then I went to EW James for some meat. Well steak really.
Mark's on a steak kick since he started using the very nice, very large George Foreman grill he got from my parents for Christmas. We've only used it 3 times so far. Once for tuna steaks and twice for beef steaks. I think he really enjoys this because he gets to use 2 things he got for Christmas: the aforementioned grill and the digital meat thermometer I got him (with a remote that beeps when your meat has reached the correct internal temperature!). All 3 times the food has turned out SO good! Side note here...Can I just say how happy I am that I can now get some excellent flash-frozen tuna steaks here. When I first moved to West TN, I looked everywhere for tuna steaks. All I could find was catfish (ick...is this really seafood?) and the occasional salmon in the seafood sections. Now EW James is carrying some excellent tuna steaks. The first time they were Indonesian (they write it on the packaging) and the last couple of times they have been from the Phillipines. I don't know why you needed to know that, but now you know. Good stuff.
Anyway, earlier in the week Mark went to Damron's (that's where the fabulous barbecue came from on Memorial Day) to get a couple of steaks and he also picked up some fresh shrimp. The steaks were super-thick and turned out really well. Tonight, he made his own version of shrimp scampi. While it wasn't as good as the really fresh shrimp you can get on the coast, it was pretty good for Martin. He was doing that when I got back from the store.
Lastly...my poor, poor Hambone kitty has had a very rough week. He spent almost 2 days at the vet. We had him neutered and declawed. The latter being something I really didn't want to do, but it was looking like he was going to be rather destructive if we didn't. So, we did and he seems to fine. Unfortunately, since the surgeries his stomach has been a mess. We took him to the vet a couple weeks ago before we brought him home for the first time and he had roundworms, so they treated him for that. This time I asked them to check again and they found tapeworms and lungworms. So they started him on medication for that. They sent him home on Thursday with 3 days worth, so we've been giving him that. I don't think that's helping his poor kitty stomach. So, I got him a little medicine to hopefully help clear that up. I swear, if we ever get this cat healthy, he's going to be a great kitty. He's so loving and lovable. I just hate it that he feels so bad. Maybe he'll feel better in a couple days when all he's finished all his medication. Let's just hope there isn't anything else wrong!
Ok...it turns out there were things to blog about, just nothing terribly interesting! I really just wanted to get a post in before this coming week because I'm not sure if I'll be home much to blog at all. This one might just have to hold all of my devoted blog-fans until next weekend. I'll try to get another one in though. Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blech! Catfish is LAKEfood, not SEAfood. I'm not even sure "food" should be the category it's in.

Poor Hambone, I hope he feels better soon. He's probably so happy to have a good home now.

Good eye on the halo/glare thing. ;)

Steve Garrity said...

Hold On... I spent an hour getting the reflection off of my rather handsome pate using Photoshop... now you have the nerve to say the halo is artificial. Do you know how many angels I had to kiss up to to get that!?! Sheesh!

as good as it gets said...

That picture is awesome :)

Newscoma said...

I didn't know your father was an angel.
Wow.
TUNA STEAKS!!!
Darnit, I have to get over to the E and W immediately.

DarrellH said...

I hope the kitty feels better soon!

Squirrel Queen said...

Any time there's a kitty tummy turned inside out, that's some blog-worthy stuff. Especially if you're a bit more descriptive about the stuff it rejects from it's body. MMM hhhmmm

Of course feline parasites always make for good blog material too.

StephM said...

Hmm...yeah, feline parasites, on second thought, probably not the best dinner time blog reading material...sorry about that. Since I'm turning into the crazy cat lady, I just have to assume everyone is as interested in my furbabies as I am. Just wait until I start carrying their pictures in my wallet and offering to show them to strangers. If I do that...put me out of my misery.