Wednesday, January 17, 2007

What a day!!

I have had the day from Hell!! It's almost 11pm and I'm just now feeling like I am caught up! I had to take Hambone to the vet (yet again) first thing this morning. They don't know exactly what is wrong with him, but gave me some antibiotics and some tummy medicine to give him to see if that helps. He also got 3 shots. So needless to say, Hambone did not have a good morning. Neither did I because I was at the vet's office until after 9am. They took forever! Thankfully, Hambone has only had one "accident" today, so I'm hoping this medicine is helping.

After all that, I didn't get to work until around 10. This afternoon I drove a hour and a half to the lovely town of Halls to fix a problem that apparently didn't exist. Everything was working when I got there, so I helped her with a software installation she was having problems with and turned around and came back. I got back to Martin just in time to backup the server and lock up. Then I made a trip to Wal-Mart. I had a pretty short list. I didn't stick to it. I bought some containers. Yes, I'm a closet organizationalist (is that even a word?). Not a organizer of closets, but a secret organization freak. The house has been a disaster area for awhile now. So I got home and did all the dishes, started the laundry (last load is in the dryer). Then I changed all 3 litter boxes and took all the trash out and rolled both big trash cans to the road. Those suckers are heavy!! And it's dark out there!! While I was doing all that I started the robot vacuum. Then I organized the bathroom cabinets and cleaned the bathroom. My other organizational venture was my clothes. Closet space and drawer space are in short supply in this house. I had my sweaters kind of stacked in the chiffarobe, but that was a mess. So, I bought an underbed box with rollers on it. I put them all in there and got a bunch of clothes together to take to We Care (our Goodwill). Whew! I've gotten alot done for a Wednesday night. Mark really likes to have tea made when he gets home from a trip (he's been gone to Atlanta), so I made him a pitcher and made myself a pitcher of green tea. Now I'm just waiting for the last load of laundry to dry so I can put towels back in the cat's bed. Then I've got to go let Woofer in because it's freezing tonight. I just gave Hambone his nighttime dose of his 2 medications, and I just took my nighttime vitamins and medication, so I'm about ready to get some sleep. I'm already up later than I need to be.

Sorry this isn't a more interesting post, but I think it just makes me feel good to type out all the stuff I got done. The house hasn't been deep cleaned, but it's very well straightened up now, so I can do the serious cleaning this weekend without having to go through and straighten things up first. You know, it just occured to me that I forgot to eat dinner. Oops. I guess I wasn't hungry. Well, I better get the laundry out of the dryer and get to bed so I can get up in time to feed all God's creatures before work. Man, I'm glad Mark will be home tomorrow! Feeding chickens in freezing weather is not my idea of fun. Have a great rest of the week everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that does sound like a busy day! I was wondering where Mark was in all this, but I see he was gone, so o.k.

I sure wouldn't want to be the one to have to get up and feed chickens in the freezings cold at some unholy hour. That does not sound nice.

Anonymous said...

FYI,some antibiotics can also cause stomach problems. If the same problems continue, might consider having another vet take a look.

Sound like you had a very busy,but productive day. Feels good, doesn't it!

XOXO