Sunday, January 07, 2007

3 posts, one day...

Well 2 1/2...this is a testment to exactly how bored I am. I can't seem to coax Mark off the couch no matter what I do. If any of you locals would like to go get some sushi in Jackson in the near future...that would make my life better. I keep telling Mark the one thing in life I want right now is some sushi. From our favorite place in Jackson. Unfortunately, I can't even talk him into going to Union City (which is 15-20 minutes away) much less Jackson (1 hour away). Of course, I am going on a little trip for work tomorrow, but I'm going with Jimmie who will not go within a 10 foot radius of any seafood, so I know I'm not going to talk her into sushi for dinner tomorrow night. Not that I know of a good sushi restaurant in Tunica...if they even have a sushi place in Tunica (I kinda doubt it).
So I'm sulking a little. I really just want the man to take me out to eat. Is that so bad? In case you are wondering...I even gave up on my little trip to Jackson/Paducah. I'm just not feeling driving all that way to shop by myself. Lots of times I don't mind doing that, lots of times I like doing that, but not today. So, I guess I should just resign myself to a quick trip to Wal-Mart for paper towels and dinner at home...which I'm insisting Mark cook. I guess I've got stuff to do to get ready for my week anyway. I've still got to pack a bag, etc.
The good news is...Mark and I will have some time apart over the next few weeks. Hopefully this will inspire him to want to spend a little time with me (ie-take me out to eat!). I hate being bored. I just can't think of anything that sounds fun to do. I'm sure as hell not feeling creative.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just cruising Technorati and ran across your blog. You have done a great job with it. On the eating front talk him in to a trip to Italy. You find find any sushi there and the food is NOTHING like Italian food here in the states but it is awesome! Think about drinking the smoothest wine of your life that will not give you a hangover (no sulphites) and is literally cheaper to drink at a restaurant than water. Couple that with the romantic atmosphere of Rome, Florence, Sorrento, Venice, and what you have is one big breakfast/lunch/dinner date with some history and sightseeing thrown in.
As for Sushi you should be able to find some place locally. More and more Chinese restaurants have started having a decent sushi chef on tap nationwide, even though it's Japanese as it has become more en vogue (where there is money to be made).
Hope you get you sushi and be sure to have some sea urchin with robin egg..... MMMmmmmm.... ;-)
Michael
http://www.mikeysgblog.com

Newscoma said...

There is sushi in Dresden at China King.
It's pretty good. And it's not that crap sushi at Dragon Buffet (YUCK.)
Sushi in Dresden.
Who would have thunk?

Elin said...

Hello! This is a hello from Elin in Sweden! I read your blogg every weekend and i love it! Take care! (I now, I have a very bad englich reatíng..)

Anonymous said...

hi,
very nice blog! ill be back. Mark is blind!! ill leave that at that...

take care :)

Anonymous said...

Heya, I was lookin' at technorati blogs and came across yours. Very nice and a very impressive blog.