Sunday, January 28, 2007

COLD!!!!

It's even cold in the house this morning. When the wind chill outside is in the teens, this old house just can't seem to keep the cold out. The heat pump is doing it's best, but it's still pretty chilly in here. I have to run a couple errands later, mmmm I just can't wait to get outside in this cold. Woohoo, my favorite...and yes, that is sarcasm.

Yesterday morning I went to Dresden to judge (and I didn't know it was called this until I got there) Weakley County Idol. Lovely. There were only 9 contestants total, separated into 2 age groups. It was mostly not that bad. There was only one performance that threatened to make my ears bleed. They worst part was they tried to drag the whole thing out. It could've been done in 30 minutes, instead it lasted about 2 hours. So there was a lot of sitting around with the other 2 judges trying to think of something to talk about with these 2 people I didn't know. One was a former beauty pageant contestant from Milan (that's My-lun, not mih-lahn or me-lahn) and the other was a girl who had just finished her teaching degree and is teaching math. She also has a music degree and can't decide which she would rather teach (seems like an easy choice to me!). So, needless to say, we didn't have a ton in common. That was really the worst part. They put us in this room and we just sat there for-evvvveeeerr. It seemed like the kids had fun though, so I guess that's the important part. The judging part wasn't so bad.

After that we all went back to Tracy's house where they treated me to some Dresden sushi, which, I have to say was pretty good. Mark met us at Tracy's. Her brother-in-law makes his own beer and Mark has taken an interest in that. So, they talked beer and he let Mark borrow a book about it. They went out and looked at the beer-making equipment, etc. and Tracy, Steph and I drank mimosas. It was a good time. We went home around dinner time and I slept most of the evening. Ah....sleep.

I managed to make it through almost the entire night without feeling like I was sleeping on a bed of hot coals. That was nice. Maybe that's because it's soooooo cold outside. Today I don't have all that much to do. We cleaned the house on Friday night, so there are just a few things to finish up. We've got to go get some chicken feed at some point and I've got a few things to pick up at Wal-Mart. It looks really windy and cold outside, so I'm not particularly looking forward to doing that. After I do all that I think I'm going to curl up with a book and vegetate for the rest of the day. This weekend has flown by...I hate that. Vacation seems so far off right now, as does spring. I can't wait for some warmer weather and some time off. Winter makes me mentally exhausted.

2 comments:

Newscoma said...

We had the best time.
Karoke Idol in Hooterville. Yup.
Timi and Craig were quite smitten with you guys, as we are.
Tell Marky-Mark Howdy.

Lynnster said...

Dresden sushi... isn't that bait?

Heh heh, don't worry, I'm one to talk, being from Henry and Benton Counties... ;)