Sunday, July 16, 2006

Vegetables, home improvement, pictures and more vegetables...

Daddy sent me the picture to the right...as you can see, it still didn't work out as well as I would've liked. If you look at it enlarged it looks fine, but that small it looks funny. This pretty much tells you I don't know exactly what I'm doing, right?
My day...ugh. You know how Sundays can kind of just drag on forever? Sometimes I think that's nice, sometimes not so much. Today was one of those not so much Sundays. I got up at 9, which is about perfect. I got to sleep in a little bit, but not so much that I have no day left at all...which, come to think of it, may have solved my day dragging by problem. Anyway. I had some cereal for breakfast, this is notable only because I hardly ever eat breakfast, even on the weekends, unless it is made for me. I'm just not interested enough in food that soon after I wake up to bother making anything myself...generally including cereal. Today I must've been feeling particularly energetic because I actually poured the cereal and the milk myself...Yes...ooooooh...ahhhhhh. It was all downhill from there. Mark was most definitely in a couch potato mood and I was most definitely not. So I decided to go to Jackson. I tried, quite unsucessfully, to get Mark to go with me. It's an hour away and that drive is kind of boring alone, not that Mark is much of a talker in the car anyway. So, I sat down at the computer and downloaded some music to listen to on the way. KT Tunstall, Miranda Lambert and some other stuff. I highly recommend both. Then I drive to Jackson...to the nearest Target. We needed a lamp for the computer table. Got that (can't fidn a picture, sorry). I needed CD labels and a labeler thing. Got that (at the 3rd store). I went to Lowe's and got paint for the library. It's called "Camel" for those interested parties. So you can pretty much deduce the shade. I really like the way soft tans look with clean white trim. So, that's what we're doing. Then I'm going to hang some lighter, floatier curtains. Hopefully this will brighten up the room some. I want to keep it rather masculine still, but the super-masculine border that's currently in here has got to go! Log cabins, ponds, ducks...it's not so much in my vision for the room.
On to the vegetables...the garden produced about 3 squash last year and that's pretty much it. So, this year we fertilized it well and added some top soil to the clay. As a result we've had way more vegetables than we can possilby eat. We probably have 8 squash in the refrigerator right now and that's after getting rid of 15 last weekend! We also have lots and lots of cucumbers and purple-hull peas and tons of tomatoes. So we made a very large batch of salsa today. That got rid of almost all the tomatoes and several green bell, jalapeno and chile peppers (we have tons of peppers too). Now I just have to come up with something to do with all the squash and the remaining 500 peppers. People buy this stuff, right? I need my very own truck garden. Maybe then I could get rid of the 8 dozen eggs too.
So, while it seems like I've had a pretty full day, it's still dragging on. I suppose bedtime isn't far off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»