Thursday, July 20, 2006

It is HOT!!!!

Who knew my family was so into herbs? I sure didn't. And for the record...Mark makes wonderful Rosemary Chicken. At least I think it's rosemary...yeah, pretty sure.
So, it is HOT!!! The air conditioner in my car can hardly keep up! I know this because, unfortunately, I've spent a good part of my day in the car. And, so far, I don't feel like I've accomplished anything. The customer that I went to see this morning wanted me to do something I couldn't do. They have some proprietary software that small local governments use and she wanted me to add her Sharp copier (which is a network printer) to that program's printer list. Well, first of all, she just called to tell me she wanted it added to another computer. That's a piece of cake, so I did that. Then she said she couldn't see it in this one particular program. So, I looked at it, poked around in it a bit. Maybe I could've done it, but it's not software I know, and it's a bit beyond the scope of what I am supposed to do. So, to be safe, I told her she would have to call her IT people and/or their software people. I'm just not thrilled with the idea of screwing up someone's very specialized software by changing things around when I don't really know what I'm doing. I would've been shooting in the dark. Anyway...
Isn't my job fascinating, in a very dry, boring sort of way? Actually, I like it, but it's not interesting to talk about, especially in a blog. But that's my life, so I'm compelled to do it anyway.
Yeah, so did I say it's hot? Roasting hot? Thank God for central heat and air...which is working very well, even in this heat. It's so steamy outside and the air's so heavy you can hardly breathe out there. It reminds me of Savannah. Ah, Savannah...how I miss it. I think Mark and I may go in the fall. Last year we went in August (not by choice) and it was sweltering. Of course, as I told Mark the other day, I'd rather be sweltering there than here. At least there's a beach nearby. Really, would you rather be hot at home or on vacation. Yep, vacation...that's what I thought. Because, even if it's hot, there's a beach (at least in my vacation scenario).
OK, I'm rambling on and on and I'm at work. Actually at the Paris office right now waiting for our new Paris Sales Rep to get here so we can go install a Canon scanner. Oooooh, aaaah...yes, a scanner. It's so small, it really shouldn't work, but it does. It's tiny...cute though, for a scanner. Well, enough...I should find out where the heck she is because we have to be there in 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duhh... you post is sooo looong. I can't think of anything to say.... seriously.... my mind s in a fog... I have nothing to add.

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»