Sunday, July 30, 2006

Blech....Heat and Chinese Food.

And I mean that...Blech!! It's soooo hot. We did pretty much nothing all morning, then my allergies started up, there's nothing like sneezing 15 times back to back. Really, there isn't. So, I decided to go outside and get some things done out there. The grass needed mowed badly, and while that doesn't sound like a smart thing to do when your allergies are acting up, it doesn't usually bother me. So, off I went to mow the yard on my poor little old riding mower. It's a sad little thing, I really should post a picture so you could get the full effect. It's pitiful, and slow. So, after Mark and I finally got the poor mower to start, I mowed and mowed and mowed. I'm getting much better at it too, I was almost impressed with myself! Eventually the mower decided it had had enough and stopped. It does that, when it's done, it just stops. It had gas, it was just done for the day.

By this time I've been pouring sweat for an hour or 2. I didn't really think it was going to be quite that hot today, but apparently there's a heat advisory out...I really should have checked that out ahead of time.

After showers and some more sneezing, Mark and I drove to Lowe's in Union City to get a belt for his mower and some new smoke detectors for the house. As we're walking out of there, I'm still not feeling so well. The heat and the allergies were having quite an effect. But we decided to try the new Chinese restaurant that just opened down the road from Lowe's in U.C. And so we did. I got about 10 bites down and a glass and a half of sweet tea. Then I started feeling extremely green. So, I managed to locate the restroom and let's just say that Chinese food didn't stay down well. Unfortunately, I still wasn't feeling all that well, so we left pretty quickly. And here we are back at the house. I'm basking in the air conditioning. I think I'll stick to popsicles & Gatorade for the rest of the evening. I really don't want a repeat performance.

The upside to this (and yes, there is one) is that I had downloaded some music last night and had a fresh, new CD to listen to in the car. It's mostly Ryan Adams. You may remember the song New York, New York that came out shortly before 9/11 and went on to be played pretty frequently afterwards. If you live around Nashville, you may also have heard some of his stuff on Lightning 100, they used to play alot of it. I'd kind of forgotten about him, but I love the stuff I downloaded and may actually go back and download the rest of his CDs. Man, it's good stuff!! Kind of a mix of rock and country...a little folksy. He actually has a wide range, some of it is very rock, some is very country, some is very Bob Dylan. I think Itunes has it classified as rock, but it's kind of alt-country really. Mark seems to like it too, which is a rarity, so I really should download some more. Which I think I'll do now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, all this begs the question from me...but I'll let you figure out which question that is. ;)

Never heard of this guy Ryan Adams. Maybe doesn't sound like my cup of tea though. How about Rick Springfield. LOL I bought a cd of his 80s music last night. It's fun!

Anonymous said...

Question???? WHAT could that possibly be.... Hmmmmm.