Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Stupid computers!

Wow! I've had a terrible day with the computers in my life! I have managed to lose not 1, not 2, but 3 documents today! I have no idea why I lost the first 2, both of those were things at work. The third was a scrap page I was working on when Photoshop decided to lock up. Apparently it doesn't like PNG files. Usually I remember to change things to PSD files, but I guess I forgot, and there it went. So, I don't have to start from scratch, I HAD saved it, but I'm back at the beginning. I didn't really like the direction it was going anyway. So, now I am completely free to go in a different direction...not that I wasn't already free to do that.
The work files I lost were a BIG DEAL. So, I ended up staying until 6:15 recreating them. Somehow I got stuck working on a bid for one of our sales reps. Luckily it's the sales rep I like, otherwise I would've been way more ticked off than I already was. This was thrown in my lap first thing yesterday morning and I've been working on it for 2 days straight...the bid's due tomorrow at noon. That's for the advance notice on that one guys!! It's not like I have a job already or anything. Let me just drop everything to work on this bid that I am NOT going to make commission on. NO PROBLEM!! I'm good with doing this once...or at least I think I am. Nan and Jimmie (the sales rep in question) had to go out of town to visit a prospective account's Middle Tennessee locations. So, I was ok with stepping in, sort of. I really just hate having stuff dumped in my lap at the eleventh hour. I hope I didn't screw anything up...I am not, after all, a sales rep. If this kind of thing continues to be put off on me, you can guarantee the talk of commission will come up!!
Wow, sorry for the rant! Ooooohhh, one more thing. We hired my replacement yesterday and she called first thing this morning and told us that something had come up and she wasn't going to be able to take the job. Well, great!!! Now they're quitting before they even start!! WONDERFUL!!! We've got one more candidate, let's hope she wants the job still!!
Alright! I feel so much better now that I've vented a little!

Since you sat through that rant...here is my latest scrap page for your viewing pleasure...or not...Blogger seems intent on keeping my computer curse going...I'll try to post the scrap page again tomorrow. Aren't you all sad you'll have to wait until then for the unveiling of my latest masterpiece? Ah, the torture!

No comments: