Sunday, August 20, 2006

The aftermath of shrimp night

The party went well last night, although the turnout wasn't as great as we expected. I chalk alot of that up to the heat...and it was hot! I have a few pictures to share...first, Mark before the party being rather pensive:

This, to most of you, looks like average Mark, right? Well, just wait, there's a good one of him coming later...keep scrolling. Next, though, the food. We had a TON of food. We did kind of a Lowcountry Boil kind of thing. The Savannah influence! For those of you who have never had lowcountry boil it is shrimp, corn, potatoes and sausage all cooked together. We didn't have the sausage in with the rest of it. Our sausage was in the red beans and rice, so it wasn't exactly a lowcountry boil, but...it was good. Mark also grilled some coconut shrimp and made oysters rockefeller. And Tonia made some slaw that was SO GOOD and went really well with the rest of it. You know, I didn't cook anything...Mark did all of this. With a little help from Mike Talley...


So...here's the food...


And...here's Mark on a roll...this may have been the funniest thing that happened all night. He was "preaching", apparently his audience was really getting into it....




This is the funniest picture I've seen in quite awhile, but maybe you had to be there to really appreciate how funny it is.





And, just to be fair...here's a picture of me taken at about 2am this morning...I was pretty ready to wrap the party up by then....

Alright. I've been trying to get this last picture to post for a week and it won't...so rest assured it was a most AWFUL picture of me...Sorry this took a week. I'll try to blog again soon. I'm really not keeping up with this am I?

Also, my thoughts are with my sister Laura whose husband just left for Iraq. Laura, if you or the kids need anything at all, let us know. We're here for all of you! And if Wayne needs anything, let us know that too...we'll be sending him as many packages as we can, just let us know his address.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there something funky going on with your blog. it took a while before the comments section would come up and now the space is only about an inch wide.

Tell Mark we will be expecting him to put his preaching skills to use and say grace at the next family function.

Laura's blog entry just broke by heart Friday. I can only relate with regards to your Dad being in the Navy and his leaving for 6 months and that was bad enough,but Wayne's deployment really doesn't compare. I hurt for all of them and hope they will make use of their family during this time.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

After I posted my comment the regular comment section came up??!!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Soooo... Mark is was in the spirit... or the spirits were into Mark. In either case that is a VERY expressive pose for the Mark we all thought we knew. I suspect he may, in fact, have a looney gene.