Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Could this day be any longer????

Yes, it probably could, so I should quit whining. I'm still at work and it's 6:15. I'm only here because I'm waiting for Mark to get back. I have actually been working up to this point. Mark had to go to the doctor on his way back from his last service call. Sunday we put a new pump in the pond because the old one had stopped working for whatever reason. Well, this new pump was in that plastic packaging that is so freaking hard to open...you know the stuff I mean, right? You have to cut into it and pry it apart and the edges get all jagged and sharp. Well, he's opening this pump package and a piece of the plastic flew off and hit him in the eye. He can still see out of it, but it's very irritated, so he finally went to the doctor to get something to make it feel better and heal a little faster. Poor Mark. It really has been making him miserable. Hopefully the medicine will make him all better.

Since food perks up a blog, let me tell you about last night's dinner. We had chicken quesadillas. I love quesadillas. However, this was a frozen package deal. I keep some quick meals like this in the freezer for nights when we're too tired to cook, which last night turned out to be...alas, no turnip greens and blackeye peas for me. Maybe tonight. Anyway, this was one of those deals and it was awful...absolutely terrible. So, even if you're in a hurry, don't buy that. Yuck! You know, why is that even a convenience meal...it's not like quesadillas are terribly labor intensive as it is. What was I thinking?

Ok...I had to delay posting for a day...so the above was from Tuesday. It is now Wednesday night. To fill you "need to know" void about what I ate for dinner. Last night we had Barbecue pork chops (thankfully Mark has been giving me break from the fried pork chops), blackeyed peas and lima beans. Starchy, yes, but it was really good. Or I was really hungry. I suspect both. Tonight we had yet another pork product (what can I say, the man likes pork). He roasted a pork tenderloin with pepper and some lemons. Mmmmm...it was good! We also had french style green beans and yellow and white corn. Again, I was really hungry. I've been tryint to be better about what I choose to eat for lunch. Yesterday I had an Asian Chicken salad from McDonalds. I wasn't impressed. There were beans in it. I am slightly ashamed to say this, but I didn't know what kind of beans they were. This is sad because I later discovered they were soybeans!! I only have a few acres of them planted in my backyard and live in the town that this coming weekend will be kicking off the Soybean Festival. You'd think I'd know what one of these things look like, but nooooo. I didn't. Moving on...today I had a turkey sub from Subway. On wheat with spicy mustard, lettuce, tomato and black olives. It was ok, but not all that exciting. Although I did discover some granola bars this evening that I really like. I was sure they would be disgusting, but they were actually quite good. Jennifer would not like them, they have a bit of a coconuty flavor to them.
Wow, I'm rambling on. For my mother...food and receipts are excellent blog material. Everyone likes to know what you had for lunch/dinner and what you bought on your last Target (or whatever) spree. Ok...maybe not everyone. But your daughters sure like it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK... you were really on a roll until (1st) you ran into the bean ID problem which you saved nicely with follow up about Soy Beans... (2nd) Granola bars, you did not mention the brand, product type.... yes we know it is granola and it has coconut but am I gong to have to go out and buy 15 differnt granola bars to find the one you like? Hope Mark's eye is better... that plastic packaging sucks... I detest it. No really, I mean it.

Anonymous said...

I can't understand why food and purchases would be of any real interest, but of course, I followed the instructions...check it out.

I wonder how many injuries that plastic stuff has caused. They really need to find better packaging. Hope his eye is better!

XOXO

Jennifer said...

Well the toy packaging is even worse. Add to the terrible plastic stuff, 157 twist-ties and Barbie hair SEWN to the package. ALl in the name of not letting it MOVE while it is on the shelves I suppose. Pork, really, Mark???

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm not sure if it would make it any easier, but I was looking for a photo editing program the other day and came across picasa2 on download.com. Its free and it has an option to transfer an image to blogger. Not sure if that helps seeing as how I couldn't try it out being sans blog and all. Just putting that out there....