Thursday, August 03, 2006

I just have no title for this one. I'm drawing a complete blank. It's been another busy day. The bid I worked so hard on yesterday was due today at noon. They were sealed bids. Jimmie dropped it off at noon and went back for the bid opening at 4:00. They awarded us the bid right then and there, much to the annoyance of the other people that submitted bids. What can I say...my powers of persuasion are highly developed (you can also read that as I am an excellent BSer). Apparently my bid comparison did the Xerox guys in. Poor them. All I have to say is if you're going to write a BS bid (and they most definitely did), it's probably best to know what you're talking about, and that guy most definitely did not. Alright...enough gloating. I'm just glad that paid off for the company because it really may the past couple of days hellish for me.

In other good news. We hired my replacement today. This girl was extremely excited to get the job, so I'm hoping she doesn't call and quit before she starts like the last girl. This one starts tomorrow. Woohoo!! I'll be so glad to not be at the front desk anymore. Let's hope that tomorrow is a rather calm day. I'd hate to scare her off right off the bat.

AND...Blogger finally let me post a frickin' image. Thank God for small miracles. So, what do you think?


Credits:

All from Gina Miller's Hampton Kit
Font SP Inspired

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this layout!!! Wow! Good job! This one's a complete surprise to me, I didn't even know you had it in the works!

Uh, do you really want me to comment on your BS'ing skills?? ;)

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to ask...what was the deal with your foot in this picture?? It's a great picture of all of you and a nice looking layout.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

OH this picture...this pale pale picture of me. you guys look great, but I'm still ticked that you hogged all of the genetic melanin

wyowoman said...

Hi - I'm Laura's friend - :) loving seeing your pages - ! i'm thinking it tickles me to see Laura comes froma family of four girls? and has four boys? haha.
it was interesting to read your take on the bidding too! -Kristin

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I think your page is BEAUTIFUL!! So glad you enjoyed my new kit. And welcome to the wonderful world of digital! May you never get anything else done for as long as you live. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a friend of Laura's from Gina's CT. This page is awesome! Love how you layered the flowers! Be careful..digi is addictive! LOL

Julie Jewels said...

Hi Stephanie! I'm a friend of Laura's too! She was bragging about your latest layout, so we all had to come see! You did a fantastic job! I'm really impressed!

Anonymous said...

I think I am blessed to have four wonderful and creative daughters... but then again I may be biased. I like your layout... one my favorite photos.

Anonymous said...

is this your first digital page, b/c WOW! it's beautiful...can't wait to see more! cat

Anonymous said...

So nice to see all you beauties and your beautiful page!!! Yup....another of Laura's friends checking in....hope you'll post your lovely work to a public gallery soon so we can see more!!! Shanah