Monday, August 28, 2006

Monday, Monday...

To quote Laura's title from today. It seemed appropriate. I've decided, since reading both Laura's and Jennifer's blogs today, that my life is sad and boring. So, Jennifer suggested I share minute details...you asked for it...here it goes.

I woke up this morning at 6:45 (thankfully we live pretty close to work so I can do this), took my temperature...for those of you not in the know...I've been doing this for the past week. Not in an attempt to get pregnant, but at the request of my OBGYN. Again, you asked for detail...you got it. So, I did that, took a shower, got dressed, put my makeup on in the car as Mark drove us to work. I really like being able to do that. It gives me 5-10 extra minutes of sleep and I really like sleep. I spent about 5 minutes at the office and then left to go to my dentist appointment. I went to a different dentist this time, and I really liked it. I think they did a much better job...and they're on my insurance. Fun.

Then I drove back to Martin to pick-up some paperwork from the office before heading to Trenton (45 minute drive) to install a couple machines at Quebecor. I met Jimmie (a co-worker) for lunch, finished up at Quebecor and headed for Dresden (another hour in the car). I spoke to Lee briefly on the way. To find out he's going to Nebraska before he moves to Wyoming and that he doesn't start until next week. He had gotten mail for me (my tag renewal for my car) that he needs to mail to me. This is slightly interesting. We bought my car in Georgia and it was originally registered in GA, then we moved back to TN, but we didn't re-register the cars until we moved to Union City, which is Obion county. Then last year I registered the car in Weakley County (Martin). This tag renewal was sent to Lee's parents' house in Gallatin and said to go to the Sumner County Court Clerk. Huh? The car has never been registered in Sumner County. The last known address the State should have had for me is here, in Martin. On top of that, Mommy said she had gotten my driver's license renewal in the mail (it had also been sent to Lee's parents'). The last address on my driver's license was in Union City. What is going on? I have no idea. My tag's have to be renewed by the end of September, so I guess I'll be finding out in the near future. It's very strange though.
Anyway, good conversation, although relatively brief, with Lee. He's very excited about his railroad job, and you just can't help but be excited for him. He's always wanted to work for the railroad. He loves trains. So, I'm very happy that he's getting to do that.

Back in Dresden, I visited a customer who is hopefully buying a new color copier from us. That went fine, took about 15 minutes. Back to the office in Martin. I worked on a couple of projects I have going on there...When we got off work, Mark and I went to the Pub for about 20 minutes and decided we just "weren't feeling it" and came home. I think we are just too tired to socialize. And that brings us to here. Mark is on the couch and I am blogging.

Jennifer, I don't know that this made things more interesting, but I tried. I didn't leave anything out. My life is just kind of dull. Wake up, go to work, come home, sleep, wake up...you get the picture. I did have a nice steak quesadilla for lunch at the Mexican restaurant in Trenton. I believe tonight we are having pork chops...Mark's favorite, we have them at least once a week. I think I'm going to throw in some turnip greens and blackeye peas just to be really Southern. Should be pretty good...or at least as good as usual. Ok then, I'm going to go pour myself a glass of cranberry juice and get started on dinner, unless Mark feels like cooking. I thought I'd be a little more zapped after today than I am. I'm tired, but I've still got enough energy at this point to at least get dinner ready and do some dishes. Ok, washing dishes may be pushing it. I hope everyone is having a good week so far!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like the details. Especially about the turnip greens and blackeyed peas. food really helps the blog along, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

LOL, I agree with Jennifer, food and receipts really perk up a blog. No copier talk.

I'm very happy for Lee. But Wyoming?? OMG!!

Anonymous said...

OK Plagerist.... Nice post... I have to agree keep it coming. I have heard nothing about what Mark is eating or wearing you could throw in stuff on him too.