Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday! Woohoo!

It seems we've all slowed down on our blogging, haven't we? Is that an indication that everyone is very, very busy?

I'm doing my very best not to get sick, but I'm starting to feel like I'm losing the battle. Just a little cold I'm sure, but I hate not feeling good! Work has been a little less busy for me this week, but promises to make up for it next week. We hired a new tech a few weeks ago (I think I already mentioned that) and this week our new sales rep started. Both seem to be fitting in quite well, which is no small feat in this office. We are a very tight knit group, so it's like voting someone into the family when they are hired. These 2 seem to be successful additions.

Outside of work we haven't done much except for work on the library. Thankfully we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel on that project. I really like it. The color actually looks more like a Frappucino than really khaki, but I think we both like it. It looks very nice with the new white trim. We were afraid it was going to be too dark, but since we've gotten a couple coats on now, it doesn't look too dark at all, it looks nice. I can't wait to get the furniture back in there and get it out of the rest of my house! We've been talking about rearranging the furniture in there too and I think that will make as big a difference as the wall color. I'm going to split up the 3 bookshelves instead of having one full wall of them. Or at least I think I'm going to do that, we'll see how it looks. I think it'll look better with them split up, and it will also allow us to move the computer desk to a more practical place in the room.

Hmm...I can't think of anything else to say other than I'm dreading Wednesday a little. How is it possible that I am going to be 30? I sure don't feel 30. Or maybe I do...it's not like I know what 30 is supposed to feel like. It just seems like a bit of an adjustment or something. 30 sounds so adult. Then I think about it, and I guess that would be what I am, right? I go to work everyday, I pay bills, I get the oil changed in the car, etc, etc. Oh my Lord, have I become responsible? Is is possible? I guess 30 isn't so bad. It's really just another day, right, I'm basically already 30, so what's the big deal. I guess I always imagined myself to be in a different place in life at 30 and I'm not at that place. It would really be worse if I didn't like where I'm at. I've most definitely been at worse places in my life. So, this is pretty good. I should have a really big party to celebrate that I made it 30, shouldn't I? I'm supposed to have a girls night out the day after my birthday, so maybe that will be my celebration. Or maybe I'll just hang out at home with Mark because either one sounds about as appealing really. I mean that in a good way. Ok then...I'm wrapping this up now. At the rate I've been going I won't blog again until after my birthday, so goodbye 20's...you were fun, well sometimes anyway. Hello 30's! Everyone have a good weekend and have a good my birthday next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will have to take my word for it, but 30 really isn't half bad. I don't think I minded it at all, but I can honestly say I am not looking forward to 6-0! I just have to impress on myself that it is only a number and you are only as young as you feel.(I know some days worse than others....consider the alternative!)LOL

I just finished wrapping your gift and looking for your wish list at Chadwick's. I cannot find any way to call up someone else's wish list, so you may have to be okay with what I have already done.

XOXO

Newscoma said...

30 is a pretty good place to be. Being that I'm stuck in my house, I will wish you Happy Birthday today.
Your library sounds like it looks really good.
Tell Marky-Mark I said Hi.