Friday, November 17, 2006

The weekend already?

This has been a bit of a weird week. I went home sick (stomach bug...woohoo!) on Tuesday afternoon and didn't go into work at all on Wednesday. I don't know how I ever stayed home before...I was bored out of my mind! So I worked on painting the trim in the hallway. We have now pretty much finished that project except for the ceiling and trim. That might get done tonight, but I kind of doubt it. I also got a lot of my Christmas shopping done online thanks to an IM session with Laura. I think, except for Brent, all of the kids' gifts are done. Of course, those are the easiest ones really. I have a pretty good idea of what the rest of the gifts are going to be, it's just a matter of getting around to shopping for them...online or otherwise. Mark is a bit difficult to buy for and I've got to come up with 2 for him...birthday and Christmas. I have ideas, but I'm not sure which way I'll go with it yet. I better get on it though, his birthday isn't that far off!

Mommy and Daddy are coming to visit tomorrow and miraculously the house has stayed pretty well clean and straightened up all week. Mark's just been in cleaning mode. So, I've got to do a few things tonight to de-cat everything for Mommy's sake. Not that it'll help much, but it will help and it needs to be done anyway. I dread doing it because it makes my allergies nuts, but it helps in the long run. So, I will vacuum and Febreze Allergen Reducer everything within an inch of its life. I was noticing that the drapes needs lint rollered, so I'll do that too.

My friend Tonia is supposed to get back to me today about fabric stores. Her father does upholstering (sp?), so she was going to ask him if he knows of any fabric stores nearby. If he does, hopefully Mommy and I can check those out while they're here. I'm sure Daddy and Mark can find something else to do that will be more entertaining for them. I'm down to the wire on getting fabric for Laura to make my drapes. My deadline is Thanksgiving. I can't for the life of me figure out why it's so hard to find solid color fabrics, but I will find it...I just hope I can get it done in time. I do have a Plan B...different curtains for a different room. Hmm...Laura, I didn't tell you about that, did I? LOL Probably easier to make than the drapes, which is why I was saving that project for myself.

And, in work drama, our new sales rep quit yesterday...I think he found a better offer, which is unfortunate because we all liked him alot. So, the search is once again on for another one or two sales reps. We just can't seem to find anyone that will stick. Ugh!

Ok...I've seriously been slacking on my posts. I'll try to do better next week. Have a good weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you're successful this weekend with your fabric shopping. I sure don't want to have to come up with an alternative. ;)

Hope your stomach's feeling better. I'm sure painting was just what you needed to be ready to get back to work.

Katie said...

Well Laura appears to be very "sure." Hehe I'm just playing. I dunno. So I'm very interested in seeing these redone rooms. Of course, i'm not so eager to drive to Martin. I keep hoping for a teleportation machine to come my way, but as of yet...nothing. Will you be doing the pictures for Thanksgiving this year too? I really really need a decent current picture of me. I'm not trying to go on and on about my lack of "photogenicity," but I would like to have a good current pic. I'll have to talk to you about what it is that I appear to be doing incorrectly w/ my face. lol See you Wed. or Thurs.!