Monday, November 06, 2006

Still going...

Yesterday Mark took me to Jackson for my birthday dinner. We had Japanese...and oh my gosh it was good! Not Kobe's good, but really good. Before that we did a little shopping. I can't believe the money we spent this weekend, but 90% of it was for the room (library). We bought a roman shade for the exterior window. It's red to tie in with my Van Gogh (Field of Poppies) and add a little color to the room. It looks very nice. Also, since that room has no overhead light, we bought a floor lamp. So, except for painting the closet doors and getting them rehung, the room is complete. Furniture and all AND we got it all cleaned up and the books neatly arranged on the shelves. That gave Mark a chance to exercise his OCD tendencies. He put all his paperbacks in alphabetical order and the non-fiction books in order by subject. This was kind of a long, drawn-out process, but it's done. Mark really was in rare form this weekend. He usually gets up pretty early, even on the weekends. Usually he spends that time before I get up lounging, reading, watching TV, or on the computer. This weekend he did laundry, arranged the books, cleaned up the dining room (where all the books and knick-knacks had been sitting while we were working on the room), cleaned the kitchen, polished some furniture, etc. He even arranged some bittersweet in a vase for our fall table centerpiece. He did a good job with that too. I was quite impressed. He got a ton of stuff done. I did far less, but still had a productive weekend. I'll post some more pictures when I get a chance to take them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It feels so good to get so much done. I have lots to do, but time seems to be my problem.

XOXO