Saturday, November 04, 2006

We're done!

Well...pretty much. With the library that is. I've still got to scrape a little paint off the windows and then wash the windows and we have a couple small pieces of trim to paint, but other than that it's finished! It looks really good too. We do good work-if I do say so myself. We drove to McKenzie today and bought a new computer desk and a lighted curio cabinet. We had been using Mark's old drafting tables for a computer desk, but that wasn't really working out so well. The curio we bought because we're dorks. We like rocks. We had a lot of geodes and fossils that were just collecting dust on the bookshelves and were all lined up in front of the books. So we cleaned them all up today and put them in the new curio. We also have a shelf full of shells and stuff. It looks really good. We both love it. AND I found a new home for my Van Gogh painting. It looks much better in here than it did in the living room. Here are some pictures...







The view towards the porch...no books on the shelf yet.









The view towards the dining room with the new curio and a very busy Mark.

And the new desk, disregard the can of Pledge to the left...still a work in progress.
And you'll notice there are no pictures of the middle of the room...there's a good reason for that! Still a bit of a mess, but Mark's working on that as I'm typing this. I guess he might want some help, so I'm off to help. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like your trip was productive.I don't think the paint color is too dark at all.Do you hire out?

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Looks good. I like the color combo, looks really fresh and clean.