Sunday, November 26, 2006

Back to work!

I have had such a nice, relaxing weekend! I hate that we weren't able to be there for Thanksgiving on Saturday, especially since the phone didn't even ring the whole 1/2 day we worked on Friday. What a waste of time! I was, however, able to get a little Christmas shopping done. Now I'm down to 3 people to buy for...well 4 including Mark. I have several ideas of what I'm going to get him, I just have to decide which big gift it's going to be and then get that and a few small things for his stocking.


Our Thanksgiving went well with Anne on Saturday. Mark roasted a huge chicken (no...not one of ours!) and we also had mashed potatos, peas, corn, turnips (ick!). Fruit salad for dessert (Anne's diabetic and refuses to eat anything sweet, even if it's just Splenda). Mark did all the cooking except for making the mashed potatos. While he was finishing up, Anne looked around the house. I think this is her thing when she is invited over. She wants to look at everything! Which is fine, I guess...the house is still technically hers. So, she wandered around and looked at all the pictures and stuff. Then she asked me if I had any family pictures on the computer. She is very intrigued by the computer...so I pulled up Daddy's website and showed her a few. Daddy, I need some of the really old ones, like in the Garrity family album...the Cavanaugh's, etc. Then she asked me if I could find this out of print book for her...which I did. It's a 2 volume reference book on exotic plants...she's likes that sort of thing. She was pleased I could find it, and I'm pleased she asked...that makes buying her Christmas present alot easier! It's a little on the expensive side, but I'm just happy we can get her something we know she specifically wants!


The rest of the weekend we spent cleaning up the yard and lounging, nothing interesting, but much needed relaxation. Unfortunately, it's back to work tomorrow...blah.


I'll leave you with a scrap page I did of our house. This picture, according to Anne, was taken some time in the 1850's. It's so neat to see how the house has changed over the years. Thanks to Laura, as usual, for your input on this page. I hope everyone has a great week!


All elements and paper: Iron Orchid

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right about having so much history available to you and dates to go with it. I am just fascinated by history and genealogy in particular, but it does require a lot of time and even more effort.

The weather this past weekend was just phenomenal and even made the outdoor chores more pleasureable.(sp.) We did miss having you here on Saturday.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, you would've loved lunch on Saturday. LOVED it!!!

I have some pictures too I need to resize and then I'll email a bunch out today.