Friday, November 10, 2006

I don't know where the week went. This is a good thing, though. It didn't seem to be going all that during the week, but now it seems like it flew by. Nothing terribly eventful happened at work and at home Mark and I continued to work on the house some. Mostly cleaning things up and getting things back in order. Last night we took some extra furniture up to the attic and Mark swept floors and dusted a little. He was certainly in a cleaning mood! Not that I was sharing that feeling...I wasn't. He moved the trim and closet doors from the library out to the shop last night so he could trim the doors down some and then we can paint them. While he worked on that, I cooked. I believe it's the first time this week that I've cooked! We had beef stroganoff, which turned out really well. After dinner Mark was buzzing all over the house straightening things up and cleaning. I sat down at the computer to scan a drapery pattern in for Laura so she can see what she will be getting me for Christmas ;) Then I talked to Mommy and Daddy until we were all 3 about to fall asleep.
So that's about it for last night.

This certainly hasn't been the best week. My birthday, overall, was pretty crappy. It was a nice day outside and everyone at work remembered my birthday and spent a large part of the day teasing me about being 30...which they can do because all but 2 of them are OVER 30. Anne (Mark's mom) stopped by the office that morning and gave me my presents and chatted with us for a minute or 2. Then Mark and I went to the Pub after work for a few minutes. We hadn't been in quite a while and we thought maybe we'd get to see some friends, but there wasn't really anyone there, which was disappointing. So we went home. Mark made me a pizza on a flour tortilla (one of his specialties) and then fixed me a huge piece of birthday cake. About 8:30, I decided I'd just had enough of the day, so I went to bed. Birthdays just aren't that much fun anymore. Not that Mark didn't try, he did. He took me out on Sunday and baked my cake and gave me a present on Tuesday night. Maybe that was the problem...my birthday was just anticlimatic. It was depressing...and it wasn't that I was turning 30. It would've been depressing if I had been turning any age. Anyway...it's over. So, tomorrow I'm off to Paducah to spend my birthday money on myself! And hopefully find some fabric for the dining room drapes...which I think is going to be a challenge. Maybe some retail therapy will be good for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of birthday cake did you have?

OMG, I can't imagine y'all carrying stuff upstairs. I'm amazed furniture got up there in the first place it's such a tiny space to get up there.


Hope you find everything you're looking for this weekend. Have a good time!

Anonymous said...

I second Laura's comment. Despite the fact that the passage is narrow, how do you make the turn?

Good luck shopping or you can try your luck here in a week or so!

XOXO