Saturday, September 09, 2006

Why do I always need a title?

I've had a lazy day. And I liked my lazy day. I have accomplished nearly nothing. I'm ok with that. Unfortunately, I'll have to make up for it tomorrow. Can I just say that I love blogs?! I've spent the evening (before and after talking to my mother) reading blogs. Each of my sisters and both of my parents have blogs. I don't know anyone else who can say that (of course, I do live in Martin which isn't necessarily the home of the technologically aware). After reading the family blogs, I read my friend Tracey's blog(s) and my friend Beth's blog (who really needs to update, but since I'd never seen her blog, that was ok...this time). It's neat reading everyone's blogs, you kind of get a perspective on the person that you wouldn't necessarily get otherwise. It's also neat (as I was telling Mommy earlier...and Tracey if you're reading this, yes I do call my mother Mommy, don't point and laugh at me later) to read my sisters' blogs and see how they go about their day to day lives. It's weird to think that we all came from the same family sometimes. We have our similarities and our differences. Their lives are so different from mine, and yet their are commonalities. I swear I was going somewhere with that line of thinking. At any rate, I like reading their blogs. All of them.

So today I slept in as long as I could (until 9:30 or so), got up, ate breakfast, put a load of laundry in, took a shower and then a nap. It was a good nap. Mark took me to Union City to eat. Then I decided if I wanted to eat at all tomorrow I would have to drag myself to the grocery. So I headed to the new Super Wal-Mart. Thankfully, the Soybean Festival is still going on and Diamond Rio was playing tonight, so their were mercifully few people at Wal-Mart. This was a first! I'll spare you all a list of what I bought. At Katie's recommendation, I bought some Nutella, although I'm not entirely sure what to do with it (someone please tell what to do with it!). I noticed later on Tracey's blog that she mentioned Nutella on her top 100. So apparently this is more popular than I would have thought.

I had a good conversation with Mommy when I got back. We talked for an hour or so. Mark has been engrossed in a book all night, so he's been in the recliner being really quiet. I almost forgot he was here. That man can really go through a book once he gets started. I think he just started it this morning and he's almost finished now. AND he mowed the cemetary this morning. I was going to have to help him, but unfortunately (thankfully) "my" mower wouldn't start. I do not enjoy working in the cemetary. The last time I kept apologizing the people buried there in my head. I just felt like I was disturbing them or something. I know that we have to do some work up there in order to keep it up. I am sure they would appreciate us keeping the cemetary looking nice and that's how I console myself when I do have to go up there and do things that involve walking over the graves. I hate that!!! If I'm just up there walking, I do NOT walk on the graves, I walk around, it just feels more respectful. Particularly after hearing that Tracey and Stephanie's house has had some recent "events" of a ghostly sort. I'm weird enough about that stuff without freaking myself out by walking over the graves of Mark's ancestors that lived in this very house. Ok, I'm weird. Sorry.

I'm rattling on now, so I'll wrap this up and post more later. I'm hoping to work on a new digiscrap page tomorrow, so maybe I'll get to post that. Other than that...my to-do list for tomorrow: laundry, dishes, change the sheets on the guest bed and wash the comforter, sweep the floors, paint my nails...I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember it at this point. Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lazy day here too. Coming down with something. Drinking spiced tea all day long. Put nutella on toast or make a peanut butter and nutella sandwich or put it over ice cream or dip apple slices or strawberries into...you get the picture.

Don't tell me the ghostly events. I can't know these things.

Newscoma said...

Nutella on good bread is awesome.
I'm all about me some Nutella.
(Secret: I called my mother "Mommy" too.) We're in the Cool Kids Club.

Anonymous said...

Oooo ghostly events? Definately fill us in on those. Sounds fascinating!

Jennifer said...

Here is a little menu for you, I guess for next week:

Monday-Petros (yes, just layer them)
Tuesday-Shrimp with linguine and garlic butter sauce/salad
Wednesday-sausage pie (on Bisquick box/green beans
Thursday-tilapia with breadcrumbs and parmesan crust/broccoli
Gotta get me some Nutella!
Friday-Pizza night