Wednesday, September 06, 2006

All hail the mighty soybean...

The Soybean Festival is underway! Woohoo! Today I got to sit through the Soybean Festival kickoff luncheon. Not because I wanted to, but because I got roped into it. So I had a so-so barbecue sandwich, some chips and baked beans. The lemonade was excellent at least. The parade was last night, which we didn't go to. Tomorrow the Spin Doctors are playing, then 38 Special on Friday and Diamond Rio on Saturday. And it's all free, so any of you who have nothing better to do, come on over. There will be funnel cakes. That's the big draw for me.

Moving on...tomorrow we are having company pictures taken. That'll take up part of my morning and then we get the pictures back (usually a couple hours later since it's all digital) I'll have to begin the process of updating our company brochure, ordering some new business cards and updating the website (which Daddy may need to help me with). Work has been slower this week, which is great because I just can't my brain back into work after that long weekend.

OK...girls weekend...if we are all reading eachother's comments on eachother's blogs we would be up to speed on this, but let me outline it. Brent has football until early November, so we can't do it until after then. I think most of us are interested in the Meal making thing like Jennifer did over the weekend. All in favor? I'm sure there's at least one of those places in Nashville. Other than that, I vote for a girls' outing to The Melting Pot. I know Laura's with me on that one. If we all split the cost it shouldn't be too bad. And I need to eat there...it's been a whole year almost!!

We also need to go ahead and draw names for the sisters drawing. Who would like to nominate themselves to do that? Or we can do a big Yahoo IMing conference and do it then. Katie, we just need a Yahoo name for you. I'd like to get started with my Christmas shopping soon and Mark and I found a cool place to shop for the kids while we were in Paducah last week. So, let the lists start coming in! I need Katie's, Laura's, and Mommy's list anyway since birthday season is upon us. Make an Amazon list at least please. Thanks! Ok...very sleepy, must get ready for bed (even though it's only 8:15). I have to be up early to make myself pretty for pictures. Happy Thursday!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to the 38 special concert, maybe you'll become a convert. ;) Who knows what they sound like live though, not to mention after this many years.

I'll nominate myself to do the sister drawing. I'll do it tomorrow and email everybody the info. No claiming ignorance here. Don't say you didn't check your email or whatever.

Go to bed. I am.

Anonymous said...

I had my first funnel cake taste at the Wilson Co.fair that I went to a few weeks ago. What's the big deal??

Did I tell you I got my first two Christmas gifts already?? Yeah, wish I only had 2 left to get.

I have concerns about trying to do a girls weekend in November, only because, the holidays will be close and schedules are getting hectic, but you all decide.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Soybeans....Mmmmmmm. Hey even I would like to hear the pin Doctors and .38 Special. Never got into Funnel Cakes and I think it's too late now, for me anyway. Sounds like a big week there wish we could have come over.

Newscoma said...

Apparently one of the biggest draws for my staff were deep-fried Twinkies.
Umm ... sorta grossed me out but we are all different.
For me, it's the fabulous carny corndogs.
Yum.

Anonymous said...

trackkllp8890436 ggg

Anonymous said...

trackkllp8890436 ggg

Anonymous said...

Hi forum, cool weather and good mood. life is a good thing however turn

Anonymous said...

Hi, today is a beautiful day in my life. I saw a first snow in this year and I save this photo for all people in the World!

Anonymous said...

82136.....94844

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.