Sunday, September 17, 2006

2 more weeks...

Until our vacation, that is. I can not wait! We figured out everything we want to do in Gatlinburg (which has as little to do with actual Gatlinburg as possible). We're going to do one hike when we get there to Grotto Falls. One that we had thought about doing last year, but didn't have the time (or energy after Laurel Falls and Clingman's Dome). It's like 2.6 miles round trip, so it could be worse. I'm sure it will be pretty, but I'm also sure it'll kick my butt. So hopefully we can do that first. On our actual anniversary (which is on Saturday, the 30th) we're going to take it a little easier. We'll go back to Greenbrier I'm sure, which is the area of the National Park where we got married. Then we're going to spend the majority of the day going through all the stores in the Arts & Crafts community. In our opinions, this is the best part of Gatlinburg. I'm sure we'll have to venture into tourist hell to eat, but other than that, we're going to try to avoid it. It should be fun. Then Sunday, we're off to Charleston, SC. We haven't planned that portion of the trip so much. That's ok though. We like to wing it.

This weekend was rather uneventful. We went to Jackson yesterday to get Mark some new hiking/walking shoes. I got some fall/winter shoes for work out of the deal. Then we went to a nature park there in Jackson. It was pretty cool. It was all boardwalk, so it was pretty easy walking (we're trying to warm up for our trip, I think). They had a birds of prey thing. Very large cages with various types of eagles and hawks. They had one owl, which was my personal favorite. The trail went out across part of a small lake. It was neat.
After the hike, we went to Petco and Target. No significant buys at either place. Sorry.

Today we spent forever in Wal-Mart. We decided to go ahead and get the tires rotated and the oil changed in the car before our trip and we also had to get groceries. Well, we were hungry when we left, but there's a Subway in the new Wal-Mart, so that ended up being ok. However, the tires and oil change took FOREVER!!! They had a hard time getting the lug nuts off one of the wheels apparently. Whatever. Now the car doesn't drive straight, AT ALL. It wasn't doing that before, so I don't know what they did, but I'm going to do my best not to go there again. I'll drive to Union City before I let the morons in Martin work on my car again. No telling what they screwed up with the oil change. Time will tell I suppose. We might have gone back, but the girl (that had been working on the tires) told me she couldn't get the key out of the ignition (???). Not a good sign. It came right out when Mark tried it. So, I'm not risking any further damage there. We'll have someone we know check it out this week. At least it's still driveable right now.

And, that is it! That's all we've done. I have absolutely nothing else to post right now, so I'll just have to come up with something bloggable in the next day or so. I'll do my best. Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, oh!!! I just saw on Food Network this place called Paolo's, it's a gelato place. Go there! Try it, tell me how it is!! Gelato is far and away better than ice cream, and I LOVE ice cream!! He's actually from Italy, so he should know his stuff. Go there!!

The keys in the ignition. Assuming it was a fluke thing. But if not, we had that problem occasionally with the Grand Am until one fine day they got stuck and would NOT come out. Tumblers. Expensive. Hope yours was a fluke.

Newscoma said...

Wal-Mart gives me the hives.
I still haven't been to the new one in town.