Saturday, September 23, 2006

Not such a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

Saturday...
It has rained so much in the past 2 days!! Luckily none of the really bad weather got us, but we do have flash flood warnings out. Thankfully we live on a hill.

I got up this morning, drove to Union City and got my hair cut and my eyebrows done. Much better! I got out of there right before the deluge started and made my trip to Wal-Mart. You could hear the rain on the roof and it was very loud. Luckily it wasn't raining when I got out of there...instead it waited until I pulled in the driveway and then it started pouring. Wonderful.

Sunday...
Mark got all the laundry done, the floors swept and mopped and did some mowing on the tractor (all between Friday and today). I'm impressed! I did little but work on my laptop and read my book (which I finished this morning). I've still got a long way to go on my work presentation, but I won't bore anyone with that.

I ordered my fall/winter Yankee Candle tarts this afternoon...after consulting Laura for scent recommendations...here's what I got: Madarin Cranberry, Pumpkin Pie, Autumn Leaves, Autumn Wreath, Biscotti, Cranberry Chutney, Gingerbread Maple, Harvest, Holiday Bayberry, Holiday Sage, Balsam & Cedar and Christmas Wreath. That should hold me for awhile. I may get some more apple scents though, I always like those. Today I burned my Home Sweet Home candle in the bedroom, a Macintosh tart on the porch (sunroom-where I was working) and some light blue one in the living room (don't remember the scent, but it's a little too floral for me). And that was your tart update.

I'm not even going to post this week's menu because I fear the backlash. It's ALL frozen. We were trying not to buy alot of extra stuff since we leave Friday for our trip and I won't be here to eat on Tuesday night. The good news is one of the frozen entrees is one a made last week. When I made chicked enchiladas I had enough for 2 meals, so I froze one. I think it'll reheat ok.

Have a great week everyone! Sorry I'm slacking on my posts, but I've been super-busy. Hopefully I'll get back on track after our trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you must have found the Mandarin Cranberry! Good, that's one of my favorites! Sometimes it reminds me of the smell inside Kirklands. Another good one I forgot to mention since you said you like apple ones is Farmhouse Apple. I actually prefer it to Macintosh. Well, actually I don't like Macintosh, but I do really like Farmhouse Apple.

What book are you reading? I read The Secret Life of Bees recently. Have you read it? I really, really liked it!

Jennifer said...

Do share what frozen meals you are having. We all need something easy sometimes. What book did you finish? We are re-starting the neighborhood bookclub and are looking for something.