Monday, September 04, 2006

Back to work tomorrow...

Well, the beer tasting went well. There were only 3 other people besides Mark and myself. It was a nice, small gathering like we wanted. We each had just a little of each beer and then rated them. The best being O'Hara's (an Irish beer sort of like Guiness but better), Samuel Smith India Ale and Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale. The last 2 were British beers. We also liked the one from the Czech Republic and the one from Slovenia as well as one French Amber called Fischer's. The ones from Brazil and Belize ranked the lowest. Laura, I don't remember off hand which Belgian beers we had, but I have them written down so I'll try to remember to look.

No pictures to share. There were no "moments" to capture this time. Everyone was pretty subdued and it was a relaxing evening. I do have some pictures that Mark and I took before everyone arrived. Since we were dressed like we were and it was such a pretty day I decided to take a few with the timer and tripod.

















That's really all I've got for now. It's been a very quiet day of laundry and napping. I've got to go finish the laundry up so I can get to bed at a decent hour.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey now. Those are two great photos of you guys. I think the best I have seen outside of your wedding photos. Suzanne and I waited for an invitation for the beer tasting, you know how much she can put away. Never got it so I spent Sunday afternoon and all day Monday on the couch doing cushion analysis. I guess I needed it though as I feel human again today. I envy you guys, you seem to have a flair for enjoying life and kicking back. I wonder if it has anything to do with proximity to a chicken coop?

Anonymous said...

Good pictures, but you look entirely too relaxed. Are you sure they were taken before the beer tasting??

XOXO

Newscoma said...

We had a great time and thank you.
The beverages were excellent but the company was better.
Thanks for including us.

Squirrel Queen said...

Thanks for the invitation. It was exactly what I needed to kick back and relax. I'm certainly glad we came out after we told ourselves we weren't leaving the house that day. Next time let us know in advance so we can hunt down some beverages to bring and contribute.