Saturday, October 21, 2006

What universe do I live in?

What a strange day. I actually got some things done, which is nice. Mostly laundry & dishes...that seems to be my life, doesn't it? But those are the 2 things that constantly need done. I had to go to Union City to try to find some new tennis shoes (unsuccessful) and get some groceries. I don't go to Union City all that often...I'm really not a big fan, but...there's a shoe store there and a Goody's, so I thought I could check both places, which I did...unsuccessfully. Just before I left, however, Daddy called. Which really is ironic...I'll get to that in a minute.
It turns out that Lee and Mykaela are moving to Union City (or already have?). I didn't really catch the whole story about why because I was rather shocked. And admittedly, I freaked out probably a little more than necessary. Ugh...it's just that now we could run into them at any time and I'm afraid it will be all kinds of uncomfortable. I'll get over it, I'm mostly over it now. The ironic part is this...When I have to go to Union City for something, I try to stop by the house just to check on it, make sure the grass is getting cut, etc. and I was planning to do that today before Daddy called. So, in light of the news, I thought I'd go by and leave my key and garage door opener. It didn't occur to me until later that I couldn't leave both because I'd have no way to lock the house if I did. Anywho...I went by there. I didn't go in...mainly because it appeared that someone might be there. There were new mums planted in the flower bed that weren't there before and there was a lamp on inside...so apparently their stuff has already been moved. So, wow, that would've been bad if I'd just opened up the garage door! Lee was in Kansas City, because he had talked to Daddy about meeting for dinner or something. So, I'm assuming Mykaela's there. Me being me, I contemplated knocking on the door, introducing myself and giving her the keys and stuff. Then I thought better of it. I don't have anything against her but you never can tell how someone will respond to something like that. I really want everything to be friendly, I really, really do. I'd love for them to be able to come over for parties, that would be perfectly fine with us, really. Not so much for them I think. That's just how I operate. I see no reason why we can't all be friends. I know there are several of you rolling your eyes about now...but that's just how I feel about it. I really wished Lee would have let me know himself, but after our last conversation, I'm not surprised.
Moving on! I went to TWO places to look for shoes and neither had anything in my size! I was pretty unhappy about that! I looked around at Goody's for work clothes, but overall the quality kind of sucks, so I didn't get anything. I found a cute suit that had a jacket, pants and a skirt, but when I went to try it on it was all so ill-fitting I just gave up. It was cut so weird!
After that I went to Wal-Mart and spent about 30 minutes shopping and about 45 minutes in line. It's Saturday people, schedule some more cashiers, for the love of God! I think they had 4 lanes open...I mean really, what were they thinking? I finally got home and got all the groceries unloaded. This was a particularly large shopping trip because it seemed like we were one ingredient short for everything. I had to restock alot of staples. While I was gone, Mark finished up some laundry and cleaned up the kitchen. When I got back I was not in the best of moods, so he made me some tomato soup and a grilled cheese. I think that may be one of my favorite comfort meals. Then we watched the first game of the World Series. Do I care about it? No. Does Mark care about it? Not really. It was an ok game...more background noise than anything. I was reading a Glamour I bought. I quickly remembered why I quit buying magazines like that. I think it was 3/4 ads and the other 1/4 was nothing special. I was highly disappointed. The interview with Faith Hill was not even particulary impressive. So, that brings us up to now. The cats are all napping and Mark poured me a glass of wine, so I'm going to wind down a bit and then get some good weekend rest! I'm hoping to tackle the library tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that's crazy news!! What happened to Wyoming? Is he still doing the railroad job? I guess having the house still worked out in his favor, who would've guessed that?!

Sorry you had no luck shopping. With that many choices of stores, I guess it's not too surprising. I had a negative Walmart Saturday experience too. Nothing to speak of, just too crowded and makes my nerves...unnerved.