Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I don't have much to blog about, but it's been a few days since I blogged, so I'm blogging just to say I did.

My house is a disaster area. It was all neat and clean before we left, but since we got back we haven't really done much in the way of housework except for laundry and dishes. The pest control guy came this afternoon and I was ashamed to let him see it like that! He called me at work to say he'd be there in 30 minutes, so I rushed home to get the dirty clothes off the bedroom floor (Mark!) and get some dishes washed, make the bed. It's amazing how much you can get done in 20 minutes when you need to. I picked up and straightened up and then started a load of laundry. Discovered there were still clothes sitting in the dryer (whoops!) so I turned them back on for a couple minutes to knock the wrinkles out. Filled up the kitchen sink and started washing dishes. Got all the dishes done. Wiped down the stove and counters. Started Elwood (Mark named our Roomba...robot vacuum) in the living room. Fed the chickens some leftover rice. Folded the clothes I had in the dryer. Got another load started in the washer by the time the pest control guy left. Woohoo...I was on a roll. Unfortunately I had to come back to work for a little while, so my momentum is now broken. But I did get alot done. Or at least I felt like I did. The floors all need swept really badly.

I the first of the 3 Tumble Towers I ordered. It is in as good of shape as the one at Mammaw's, so I was pleased. I have all that stuff sent to work because it's just easier since I'm there during the day. No one at work was nearly as excited about it as I was. They don't know what they're missing! No one has kids that were born in the early 70's nor were any of them kids themselves in the early 70's (except Mark), so none of them even remember such a toy. Maybe I'm just easily amused, but I really like it! I've played a couple times today already! And I must say, I'm pretty good at it. Of course, I guess I should be since it's designed for toddlers!! LOL!

Well, that's about all I've got for now. I am working on Christmas/Birthday lists for Mark and myself. Well, more for myself ;-)

I'll list a couple of things here while I'm thinking about it...Flannel sheets (all of our beds are full size), pajama pants (mine are beyond ragged), a shelf for above the computer (for CD's and office supplies)...Can't think of anything else at the moment, but I'll try to get a formal list together. Hope everyone is having a fabulous week. Happy Birthday to my younger sister Katie who is 24 today!! Hope you're having a great Birthday Katie, hopefully you'll get your gift by tomorrow if you didn't get it today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did all that in 20 minutes?! Impressive!! I love to get on a roll like that. You're right about how much you can get done in a little time if you just dedicate a few minutes to it. At this moment,I'm in the middle of a commercial break cleaning spree!

Thanks for the birthday ideas!

Anonymous said...

You said all you had done since you got home was laundry and dishes, yet you had to come home and do laundry and wash dishes??

It is surprising how much can get done when under gun.

Thanks for the ideas, but will need the rest of it soon.

XOXO

Jennifer said...

Give more details for the shelpf above the computer. Size, color, wood?? Birthday season has begun.