Sunday, October 08, 2006

Back to reality...

I can't believe how fast our vacation flew by! I'm almost ready to get back into the swing of things though. I haven't felt all that great today, so I hope I'm feeling better by tomorrow morning. Just sinusy I think. It's just that time of year. The weather has been beautiful for the past week, everywhere we went it was nice. And it's been nice here, mid-70s during the day and just cool enough at night to warrant turning on the heat just a little. Our heater works great too! Ah...I love central heat and air!

I've gotten a few things accomplished since we got back on Thursday morning. I've done lots of laundry, bought groceries, etc. Today we went to Union City to eat lunch and go to Lowe's. I bought lots of bulbs...I love bulbs, so low maintenance! I got lots of crocus and tulips, Mark bought some Muscari and I got a few very pale purplish/blue iris. Nothing out of the ordinary really, we just wanted more of what we already have. I'm going to do a tulip border on either side of our front walk. You know, the sidewalk that goes nowhere? That never did make sense to me why you would have a sidewalk that just goes out a little ways and then ends in the middle of the yard. Anyway, back to the bulbs...I'm hoping to get those in the ground before too much longer. We have stuff we have to dig up for the winter too, but I'm really hoping Mark will handle that part.

After Lowe's we went to Tractor Supply to get birdseed, not for the chickens, that would be chicken feed. This is for the wild birds. The cashier even commented that it looked like we were feeding everything. We had 3 different kinds of birdseed. Mark mixes 2 kinds together for the big feeders and we bought thistle for the finch feeder. Then we had huge bags of cat and dog food. Thankfully the chickens were already well-stocked!

I am now the proud owner of 2 Fisher-Price Tumble Towers (ca. 1971). One goes to Mommy. For those of you who don't know what this is:

I love it!

That's about all I've got for now. I am WORN OUT!!! And I haven't gotten ANY scrapping done at all. :(

I've got to work on that! Have a good week everyone! And for those who haven't blogged in forever (and you know who you are!)...you need to get on that!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! In the package and everything. How much did they end up costing you? I did blog last night finally!

Anonymous said...

Who keeps the packaging for things they buy? I have heard of long term planning, but that is kind of extreme. don't you think? Anyway, glad you were able to get them. They don't look like they got near the use that the one we have does.

The boys played with ours yesterday at the Mammaws. It's a terrific toy. Who knew!!

XOXO

StephM said...

It's NOT in the packaging, and it DOES look played-with...it's from 1971. The picture I posted is from a Fisher-Price collector site.