Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Has it already been a week?

I can't believe it's been so long since I last blogged! Sorry about that, I know y'all were missing me! LOL I've been fairly busy with work and all that. I won't bore you with the details, except to tell you that today we hired a new technician...which is GREAT for Mark.

This past weekend I was busy working around the house. Mark and I just now got around to taking out our window air conditioners (since we got central h&a). After we got those out we put up new storm windows. Woohoo! Then we cleared a few trees out of what will be our cow pasture (don't ask!) and chopped them up to use in the chimnea(sp?). It felt good to get so much done. Next we're going to start on the library. We're painting all the trim white and the walls a soft tan color. At some point I'm either going to make or buy some curtains, probably dark red or burgundy. The biggest problem with getting started is going to be taking all the books off the shelves...that's going to be a big dusty mess! Then we've got to replace a baseboard that is basically disintegrating. That'll be fun too. Oh, and Laura asked...the library is the room between the kitchen and the bathroom. You know, where all the bookshelves are?

That's all I've got for now. I'll try to be a little better about blogging regularly.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ooooo you should make a petting zoo! I'd totally go! I am SOOOOO happy you're changing up the libary. It needs a little lightening up in there. If its anything like the other rooms you've redone then it will look muy bueno (I work w/ a lot of Mexicans and it rubs off). Somewhat Pottery Barn-esque I think is your style. Speaking of we just got a Pottery Barn in the mall here and though I can't afford a cocktail napkin at that place I'm completely stoked....yes stoked. (I'm surfer now)