Friday, October 27, 2006

Another yucky, rainy day. Blah. Yesterday I was out in it all day long...driving. My morning started off with a drug test, always my favorite way to start the morning. The company has decided (after I've been here 2 years) that everyone that drives a company vehicle ever has to have one. I've been doing quite a bit of driving for work lately, so I qualified, lucky me. So me and the new tech drove to Union City first thing yesterday morning for that. Both of us passed (for all you interested parties). Then I took him with me to hook up a color machine at a church. This guy used to work for Geek Squad, so hooking up a networked printer is no big deal to him. This is a great help to me. Before Mark and I were the only ones who could do it, so when we went on vacation...bad things happened. Now we have back up, I LOVE IT!! I won't bore you with anymore work details. Most of the rest of my day was spent driving to Reelfoot (about an hour) spending 3 hours at the customers' office there and driving an hour back. All in the rain. The best part of my day was still ahead...little did I know. So, I get back to the office and Nan asked me to go with her to deliver a typewriter across town. So, I get in the van and we drive across town. We have to make a left turn. It was all nasty and rainy. Next thing I know....WHAM...someone hit us from behind really, really hard. So, we get out, I run across the street to call Mark and the police. Then we stand in the drizzle for another 45 minutes filling out paperwork, etc. Everyone is alright, Nan and I both have sore necks, but neither of us thought it warranted going to the hospital. The van's bumper was mangled and some of the metal of the van itself is a little crumpled, but not too bad. Mark got there about the same time the police did and stayed with us. I've never seen him walk so fast! He had to park about a 1/4 mile away, but he got to us pretty quickly. Poor thing, he looked SO worried.
After all that, it was time to go home, so we did. Mark helped me make dinner...we had Italian sausage tortellini, peas and cheesy garlic bread. Everything we cooked took about 10 minutes tops. I was SO glad I thought to buy something quick, but good at the store last weekend. We ate, I had a glass of wine and spent the rest of the night laying on Mark. He was a good sport. I swear I'm such a baby when I don't feel good.
So, I haven't gotten hardly anything done on the library this week. We got all the books off the shelves (which was the hard part), so now I'm hoping this weekend we can replace the baseboard that needs replaced and start painting. Woohoo! I'm also hoping to make a trip to Paducah to look for fabric for the curtains Laura is making for me for Christmas. I've got to find some tennis shoes too.
That's about all I've got for now...hope everyone has a good weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear I replied to this earlier!! What the heck keeps happening to my replies. This happened to me a week or so ago at Jennifer's blog too.

Katie said...

Good Lord so what was going on with the guy in the van? Just bad weather conditions so he couldn't see what he was doing??