Thursday, October 12, 2006

I had a pretty uneventful day. A little tense at work, but not bad. I've managed to catch up on some little projects that I've been putting off because I haven't been out at customers' offices too much this week.

It was pretty cool outside today! We knew it was coming, though. As soon as we got home we brought in all our water plants from the pergola pond as well as the banana plants. Mark seems to think the ferns will ok as long as it doesn't stay cold. I hope he's right!

Mark's second cousin (same age as his mother) owns the land across the road from us. I don't know if anyone remembers seeing it, but there was an old dilapidated house over there. They started tearing it down this past weekend. Mark saw Gerald (the cousin) over there and went over to talk to him. The house was sitting on brick pillars (instead of a foundation) and had a brick chimney. Mark asked if we could have the bricks and Gerald said sure. Our pergola floor is brick that Mark got from the old Martin Manufacturing plant that used to stand in downtown Martin. So these bricks are probably pretty close to the age of the pergola bricks. We plan to redo the pergola pond in the spring. So we'll rebrick where part of the current pond is to give us more seating area in the pergola. So these bricks will be used for that and to build walkways around the new pond, which is going to be much larger. We went over this afternoon after work (and after moving the plants) and picked up about 300 bricks. Some of them are the larger, heavier fire bricks. There are still lots over there, but they were buried under the roof of the old house, so we're going to have to wait until we can get to them.

I updated my Amazon list today. It is listed under the email address srgarrity@yahoo.com. Most of the new stuff I put on there are sweaters, etc. Nothing terribly fun, but things that I need and that I like. I'm trying to pin Mark down to write a list for him, but I haven't been terribly successful yet. I know he can always use shirts for work. He likes solid colors the best, he's not much on plaid or other patterns. I'll have to find the size later. He prefers to buy pants himself, but he isn't really short on pants now anyway. Sweaters would also be good. Lowes or Books-a-Million gift certificates are good. That's about all I have for him at the moment.

Jennifer asked about the shelf I requested. After I listed that, I thought better of it. I think that may be something I'll have to get myself after we get the library redone. Because I'm not even sure what color I'll want to go with the new paint color. So, mark that off my list. Concentrate on sheets and clothing! I'll keep adding to my list to give you more to choose from!

I need lists on everyone too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wishlist, I'll be checking that out. I hope you're doing some fabric shopping. Remember Thanksgiving is your deadline. ;) What colors are in the running for the library? Where is the library exactly? Do you mean that room behind/beside the kitchen?